As you've noticed, I've learned a lot in my year without alcohol.
Feel like you need a change too? Give it a shot! (No pun intended.)
You don't have to toss the hooch for an entire year like I did, but there are plenty of reasons to give up alcohol for a little while. Here are some of my favorites:
- You'll save money.
- You won't drunk-text people.
- Your health will improve.
- You may find it easier to sleep at night, or wake up in the morning.
- You won't have to worry about getting home safely at night.
- You'll be able to hold conversations at parties much more easily.
- You won't slosh your drink on the dance floor.
- You'll have more energy.
- You may find more interesting ways to spend your time.
- You won't have hangovers.
Whether you're getting off the sauce for a week, a month, three months, a year, or forever, sign your pledge in the comments below! Write how long you're going to give it up, and your reasons for doing so. It'll help hold you accountable in reaching your goals, and the online community can help provide support!
Best of luck!